Let me just get this out of the way first–I can’t believe it’s already May! Where did the last 4 months of my life go? I feel like it was just Christmas and I was a newbie college grad applying to jobs. Sooooo much can change in just a few months!
So I know lust is technically considered a vice, but I don’t mean lust in the traditional sense. I mean things I’ve been wanting for awhile–whether that be clothes (per usual), food or something else. Here’s my lusts for May!
Flamingo iPhone case (VS Pink).
Watermelon ginger lime agua fresca (Califia Farms).
Casalserugo colorblock purse (ALDO).
Bridget bikini (Aerie).
Watermelon Amazing Grass.
Cucumber jalapeno margarita (photo courtesy of Fork & Beans).
Coconut chocolate chip Larabar.
Kaycia leather sandals (Joan & David — Rue La La).
Obviously I’m obsessed with all things watermelon, flamingo and PINK!
What are you “lusting” after?
What is happiness? I think it means different things for everyone, but there are some universal things that make most of us happy in some way or another. With that, I’m sharing a fun little list Emily posted the other day…feel free to repost with your own answers!
8 Things Every Happy Woman Should Have
- A go-to drink: For me, it’s sangrias (love the white wine versions especially), cider on the rocks (I had a really good one a few weeks ago) and homemade margs. And for daily drinks, water always.
- A go-to karaoke song: Anything Lady Gaga. Her songs just pump me up like no other.
- A uniform: colored skinny jeans (especially burgundy), faux leather jacket, riding boots, statement necklace or loop scarf
- A hair stylist they love: I’ve switched stylists a lot over the years, so I’m going to change this one to hair style. I love my hair in big curls with full bangs.
- An exercise routine: At home workouts 7 days per week, with some walking thrown in as well.
- A hobby: Grocery/clothes shopping, blogging, yoga, cooking.
- A best friend: my sister, always and forever. And at the moment, a really close friend I’ve made through working together and having classes together. I’m going to miss her a LOT when I graduate but we’re hoping someday we end up at the same TV station!
- A healthy sense of self: I feel like I’ve really grown a lot in the past year. Maybe it’s partly because I’m almost a college grad (scary!) but I’ve been maturing and becoming more independent and focusing less on things I used to freak out about. I can’t say I don’t worry about things anymore, but I’m trying to let life happen and just being okay with whatever comes my way. And I’m excited for the future.
Selfies make me feel good, too #noshame.
What makes YOU happy?