I don’t know about you, but I always made a “wishlist” of what I wanted before Christmas and birthdays when I was younger. Okay, let’s be honest, I still do that. I don’t really like surprises (unless they’re really good ones) so I’d rather give people a list of things I want so they don’t end up getting me something that won’t be used/worn. I’m just trying to be proactive. Anyways, I’ve also been compiling a wishlist of sorts for things I want this month–in life, with food and fashion and at school. So what’s on my list?
- Survive the next two weeks. This sounds a little extreme, but I get a little anxious around Thanksgiving break time. I still can’t believe it’s already November, so now I’m stressing about some of the assignments I have to work on before I can go home for an extended break (10 days, baby!) There’s no tests (thank God!) or major assignments but I should probably do some things so they’re not hanging over me over the break. And I just want it to be break already, so it’s hard to focus on writing papers and reading textbooks but I know I’ve gotta do it. Just 9 more days of classes!
- Appreciate my time at CTV more. I can’t believe there’s only 3 more weeks of broadcasts left in this semester…where has the time gone? I’ve loved being able to report the weather every week but I haven’t really appreciated it as much as I should have (I’ve also complained a lot about my crew position, but it’s really not that bad). Hopefully I’ll be able to do this again next semester but I still need to be grateful for the few weeks I have left this semester.
- Vega maca chocolate bar and saviseed snacks
I love all the Vega products I’ve tried, especially their vanilla protein powders. I just wish they weren’t so expensive! But they recently came out with some new ‘superfood’ products that I’m really intrigued by. The maca chocolate bar provides a big dose of B12, which is always needed in a vegan diet, and the saviseed is a complete protein and has more omega-3s than wild salmon! How’s that for a healthy snack? Plus it comes in a caramelized and chocolate version, and who can pass up that? I haven’t seen either in stores but I was thisclose to buying the saviseed in my recent iHerb order…too bad it’s 9 bucks for a bag though!
- Garden of Life RAW Vanilla Spiced Chai protein powder
I literally picked this up the other day while I was at Whole Foods (it’s a Whole Foods exclusive flavor)…and then put it down. I just didn’t want to spend the money right then when I had just ordered some peanut flour and already had some vanilla protein powder at home. However, I am almost out of my chocolate version of this powder so I may get this one to replace it even though it’s not the same flavor. It just sounds so good, and I loved the chocolate. This protein powder is actually priced pretty well for a plant-based, raw protein powder.
- A decent Whole Foods salad bar box
I’m hoping I can fulfill this over Thanksgiving break. Because as much as I love the Whole Foods in my college town (it’s so close and well-stocked), it has a crappy selection of salad bar items most of the time. There are rarely many vegan options, and if there are, they’re totally processed (like faux chick’n salad). The WF near my house, however, is awesome. They almost always have an amazing selection of salad bar things and I can usually find something new to try, and it’s always worth the price. At the beginning of the school year, I would get the salad bar from the WF up here once every other week and I was usually not thrilled. I decided to stop wasting my money, but I still miss my WF salad bar dinners.
- Enjoy the upcoming weekend with my family. My family is coming up to visit me this next weekend because my dad has something to do in a nearby town (well, not actually nearby, it’s the next state over but my college town is close to the state border) so my mom and sister decided to tag along too. Don’t get me wrong, I love being with my family but the visit is stressing me out. I’m worrying that I won’t be able to workout as much as I usually do, I won’t be able to eat my normal meals (because they might seem restrictive/weird) and that I have to be the ‘perfect’ hostess the whole time. But I want to enjoy next weekend, so I need to just remind myself that it’s a few days and I won’t die/get fat/lose my fitness. Besides, we all need breaks once in awhile.
- Plan for Thanksgiving break. This kinda ties into food, but I also just want to have an enjoyable break from school without worrying about the same things I mentioned above. I need to make sure I bring all my stuff home that I need to feel comfortable and try to plan ahead so I don’t have to do school things over break.
- Riding boots
I’ve been looking all over, and I’ve seen some that I love, but right now I just don’t have the money for any of them! Why do nice boots have to be so expensive? I’m planning on asking for a pair for Christmas because I really like/need them–they’re so versatile.
- Sparkly Sperry’s
Ummmm, how cute are these? Unfortunately, they’re around 100 bucks, aka not affordable. I kinda want to ask for them for Christmas, but that would take out an even bigger chunk of my list than the boots, and I don’t want to just get some shoes for Christmas, you know? So maybe I’ll save up my money for awhile…
- Abercrombie & Fitch colored jeggings
What can I say, I’ve fallen head-over-heels in love with jeggings! I’m especially diggin’ the colored pairs, like this awesome blue-colored one from A&F. Actually, they have several colors I’m lusting over but some are very impractical…like the bright orange pair.
What’s on your “wishlist”? Do you like Sperry’s (or that style of shoe)?
10 thoughts on “On My (Wish) List”
dude love the Sperry’s, I see we have very similar style. I couldn’t agree more with the Whole foods salad bar, that would be on my wish list as well!
If you’ve never had the salad bar stuff from there, you’ve gotta try it at least once! It is so good and usually worth the price.
I love Sperry’s! I have 3 pairs of them and also a pair of Timberland boat shoes, they are awesome. Now that the weather’s gotten chilly enough for shoes, I’ve been wearing them pretty often. Not really into jegging though, I’m just too self-conscious to wear them I guess. Good luck with surviving until Thanksgiving break, I remember those days of college really well and this is the point in the semester when it gets crazy busy!
I was the same way with jeggings up until this time last year. I just decided I wanted to see what the hype was all about, bought a pair, and now I can’t get enough of them! But I can see why some people don’t like them, everyone has their own style and preferences. I just love them because they’re comfy but look pulled together and they fit in boots without being too baggy.
I freaking love jeggings. I have 5 pairs right now and my craziest color is burgundy. But I love them. I got mine fairly cheap at Papaya which usually has some cute things for a good price.
I need to check out Papaya, thanks for the suggestion! Always love good deals on clothes.
Riding boots are pretty much on the top of my wishlist. I’ve been looking forever for them as well, but all the ones I’ve come across are either way too expensive or not exactly what I’m looking for. So.frustrating. That and I need a decent jacket that I can wear at this time of the year, because all of the ones I have are either way too heavy or too light. Ohhh Fall is messing with me. And I’m definitely the kind of person that still makes wishlists… I don’t like getting things that I don’t want/need either, so lists are definitely a must.
Oh, I need a good fall jacket too! Same problem there–too expensive or just not quite right. I almost wish I was a fashion designer so I could make the perfect outfits for myself…but that would take too much effort 😉
I gotta say this? —> “Appreciate my time at CTV more.”
That is just SUPER impressive to me and shows me a stellar amount of maturity. From an oldie like me I know I definitively can look back and think “I should have soake up EVERY LAST MOMENT!!”
You’re awesome girl…maybe okay FOR SURE gift yourself with those jeggings after you survive the school weeks..but maybe not wear them for Thanksgiving unless they have a zipper or the super stretch. LOL. Enjoy your break!
Thanks, that makes me feel good to hear someone say I’m mature lol 😀 And good idea with the jeggings, they’re not the best thing to wear on a day like Thanksgiving. Leggings, though…!
Comments are closed.