Did you know that 11 is one of my lucky numbers? It’s true. The other one is 7, because my birth date is 7-27. And 11 is lucky for me because it rhymes with 7 haha!
Anyways, that was just my lame lead-in to the real post, which is the 11 Things Survey I was tagged in by the hilarious and beautiful Alexandra recently tagged me in. I was super busy all weekend, without much access to a computer and while it felt great, I’ve been itching to do this survey for a while so here it (finally) is!
Here’s the rules:
#1 You must post these rules.
#2 Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
#3 Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
My 11 Things
1. I am a klutz in disguise. Last year, I couldn’t seem to stop tripping over my own feet. I blame it on the fact that I had only been on campus a few months and didn’t know all the cracks and bumps in the sidewalks. I’ve also sprained my left wrist when someone accidentally pushed me during a game, I fractured my right ankle in an acro dance class and I got a huge bump on my forehead back in sixth grade when I tripped over my pants and smacked my head on this wooden step we had in our house. Basically, you can count on me getting hurt in some way every few months at least!
2. I have never been out of the country. Lame, I know, but my family has never been huge on traveling. I’ve been to quite a few U.S. states, at least on road trips, but my first destination out of the country I’d love to go is the Caribbean. I love beaches, the ocean and it’s just gorgeous there!
3. I have hated eggs my entire life. Some foods, people learn to love. But me and eggs have never gotten along. They just sketch me out, so giving them up when going mostly vegan wasn’t hard at all, since I never enjoyed them to begin with.
4. I’ve been interested in journalism for more than half of my life. Since I was little, I’ve always loved to write. I used to write and illustrate picture books when I was really young, and then I moved on to writing a monthly family newsletter, being part of a writing club at school, being a Yerd (Yearbook nerd) for 3 years, anchoring/reporting/filming/editing for my school district’s TV station and finally majoring in it in college. My first job, which I just got a few months ago, as my school’s faculty newsletter editor, is also related to my chosen field. I’m hoping that at some point, I can be an anchor, meteorologist or fashion correspondent for a TV news show!
5. I’ve tried a lot of sports–dance (for 11 years), soccer (2 years), karate (1 year), tennis (playing on and off for a few years) and yoga (1 year). Now I really love to do yoga and intense cardio circuits on a daily basis, go for long walks and mountain bike and play tennis during the summer. Running is definitely not my thing, but I would love to start doing it occasionally.
6. I basically can’t live without sweet stuff. If I could, I would totally skip dinner to have soy chocolate and birthday cake gelato (my two favorite flavors). Fruit makes a daily appearance and I have always thought the idea of having a savory breakfast to be disgusting. I have a major sweet tooth, and I’m proud of it!
7. I’m a total worrier. Sometimes when I stay home alone, I swear I hear noises upstairs and think someone broke in. Every weekend that my mom comes to pick me up and there’s snow in the forecast, I’m worried that she won’t be able to get me and I’ll have to suffer through another boring weekend on campus, plus not be able to restock my food. Whenever I have a huge headache, I’m scared that I have an aneurysm and I’m gonna die. Yeah, none of this stuff ever happens but I just freak out anyways.
8. I have an addiction to random medical-type shows. I love The Doctors, Mystery Diagnosis, My Strange Addiction, Freaky Eaters and all those shows like that. They are just so fascinating to me, and I can’t stop watching!
9. I’ve been talking since I was 9 months old…and I haven’t stopped since 😉 When I’m with people I know really well, I can’t seem to shut up. I also have a bad habit of talking with food in my mouth–oops!
10. Someday, I really want to live somewhere with water and mountains–like California. I’ve grown up in the mountains and I just love how gorgeous they are, but I also love the beach so living somewhere with both would be my dream come true.
11. I hate hate hate the color black. I refuse to wear it, because I think it looks blah and too depressing. Most people like to wear neutral colors in the winter but not me–I still love wearing my pastels and brights, mixed with neutrals of course!
1. Do you have any pets? Nooooooo, but I really want one! I’ve had two hermit crabs (Hermy #1 and Hermy #2) and two hamsters (Peanut and Princess) in the past but right now I have nada, since I live in a dorm and my family has none at home either. I would love a greyhound puppy though!
2. Favorite novel? The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series. I love all of them, especially the 3rd and 4th books, and the original movie. I always wish I had been one of the sisters.
3. If you could own any zoo animal what would it be and why? I am obsessed with flamingos, because they’re pink, so I would have one as a living decoration in my room!
4. What would be your dream job? Being a fashion reporter for a morning TV news program.
5. Biggest goal for 2012? Go completely vegan.
6. If you knew you would die tomorrow, what would you choose as your last meal ever? A big bowl of gelato, preferably soy chocolate and birthday cake flavored! Told you I have a sweet tooth 😛
7. Worst injury you’ve suffered? My fractured right ankle in 4th grade–I got a glow-in-the-dark cast for it, which was legit, but I was bummed that I didn’t need crutches since I was always jealous of my BFF who was on crutches a lot for various injuries.
8. States you’ve lived in? Arizona (from birth until age 2) and Colorado (the rest of my life).
9. Mac or PC? I love my striped Dell baby, but I also love my iPod touch…
10. Favorite Disney princess? Belle, because she looks like me and she’s smart!
11. If you discovered a new dinosaur species, what would you name it? Nanosaur, after this computer game I used to play in elementary school when we had an iMac.
1. What is your favorite macronutrient (carb, fat, protein)?
2. What is one thing in your house that you couldn’t live without?
3. What was your favorite class ever in school?
4. What’s your favorite sport to watch on TV or in real life?
5. What’s your least favorite season and why?
6. What is one of your weirdest habits?
7. Magazines or books?
8. What grosses you out?
9. What was your best birthday and why?
10. What store could you live in?
11. What’s one thing you want to do before you die?
And I tag…everyone who wants to do this who hasn’t! I know a lot of people have already been tagged but if you haven’t, consider yourself tagged!
Answer any of the above questions!
20 thoughts on “Lucky Number 11”
I love reading these things :). It’s a fun way to get to know other bloggers. I also watch a lot of medical shows, I used to actually want to go into medicine but decided against it and am now a writer, haha.
I haven’t been tagged so you can tag me or rather I will just steal yours, haha.
Yeah, definitely go ahead and steal it! I can’t wait to read yours!
I used to want to go into medicine too, either as an orthodontist or veterinarian but I’m not the best with math so I went down the writing path too!
Loved your answers, especially the dinosaur one haha!!
I think we were separated at birth– I am obsessed with doctor shows, I can’t get enough of Belle and beauty and the beast, I’m a klutz in disguise fo sho, and “If I could, I would totally skip dinner to have soy chocolate and birthday cake gelato”<– ME TOO!! 😀
We are SO alike 😀
I really enjoyed your facts!
If I had to live in a store, it would be a toss-up between Trader Joes, Costco, Target, and the Disney Store.
I can’t wait to have a Trader Joes near me so I can experience it’s amazingness!
Yay I am glad you did this Ashley! I used to watch Medical Shows alllll of the time! ER and me were good friends 🙂
My mom used to be such a fan of ER, especially when George Clooney was on, but I’ve yet to see an episode! I need to get on that ASAP!
belle is my favourite of disney princesses because of her ability to see beneath the skin. 🙂
Exactly! She is the least superficial of all the princesses!
I love dessert and would totally eat it for dinner too! I love bella the most.
Oh and I could live in F21 if I could. 😉
I love F21, their stuff is so cheap but cute!
I love these! Who doesn’t love Belle?
I know, she’s definitely the best princess!
I don’t like eggs either! I never have.
And I never liked meat…so, becoming vegan was super easy for me as well. (:
This post was so much fun to read!
I’m so glad someone else understands my dislike of eggs! They seem to be so popular around the blog world but I’ve just never been able to eat them.
Oh wow,this was so interesting to read!
I am also a TOTAL worrier – “[…]Sometimes when I stay home alone, I swear I hear noises upstairs and think someone broke in.[…]” : ME TOO! 😉
My favorite macronutrient is definitely protein! I love everything that’s high in protein,carbs are kind of challenging for me…
Fats are my challenge, they’ve definitely been a fear food for me for a few years but I’m learning to feel okay with nut butters and avocado!
I love sweet stuff and I’m a super klutz, too! Maybe you should be a doctor, since medicine fascinates you? Just a thought. 😉
I actually hate math and science with a passion, so being a doctor is definitely out as far as a career choice! I just love watching those kinds of shows and health in general is just interesting.
Comments are closed.