Can you believe it’s already Wednesday?!?! I definitely can’t–especially because this time next week, I’ll be 19 years old! Can someone say cray-cray? But seriously, I feel old haha. Oh well, I’m excited!
I’m also excited for today because it’s WIAW time again! I honestly don’t know why, but this is like an addiction for me…once you start, you just can’t stop! I really hope I can get one in next week, despite all the birthday time shenanigans and busyness.
Anywho, let’s get to it! This week, I’ve got another survey brought to you by the lovely Tori. That’s another addiction of mine, surveys. They are just too fun to pass up.
Three ways I am still a kid:
1) I think baby bunnies are the cutest thing ever (but then, who doesn’t?)
2) I am a veeeeeeeery picky eater. ‘Nuff said.
3) I love to have water gun wars with my dad and sister. Funnest. Thing. Ever.
Three ways I am already old:
1) Most of the time, I’d rather spend a night at home with the fam, catching up on TV shows and playing board games.
2) I tend to space out some times and miss out on what people are talking about, and then I have to go, “Huh?”
3) I have reeeeeeeeeally crack-y joints. My knees crack like no other (my parents call me “Cracky”).
Three things I want to do:
1) Go full veg. Right now, I mostly eat meat because my parents want me to, but when I move out on my own, I want to be an actual vegetarian (or at least pescetarian).
2) Get some kind of job in the fields I’m interested in. I’m majoring in broadcast journalism, but I’m also really into fashion, so I’d like to somehow combine the two. Maybe a fashion reporter?
3) Leave the U.S.. Seriously, almost everyone I know has at least gone to Mexico or Canada. My dream spots are Australia, anywhere in the Caribbean and Greece.
Three ways I’m a stereotypical “boy”:
1) I love being active in the “great outdoors”. Tennis, mountain biking, hiking, you name it. I love being outside.
2) I’m proud of my strong arms. I used to hate the fact that I actually have biceps (not huge ones, BTW) unlike some girls, but now I love that I can win arm-wrestling contests and people are always surprised that I’m so strong since I’m small.
3) Most of my jeans and shorts are “boy fits”. I just prefer my pants to be looser and I think they look better on me than a pair of skinnies (though I might buy some soon…)
Three ways I’m a stereotypical “girl”:
1) Fashion is one of my favorite things. I adore clothes shopping (I can spend hours at the mall without getting bored), putting together outfits, taking outfit pictures and blogging about it (oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I have a fashion blog, too!)
2) Pink is my favorite color. I have wayyyyyyy too much of it: pink bed sheets, pink mini fan, pink phone and iPod covers, pink bathrobem pink sandals, pink tape dispenser…yeah, I’ll stop there 😉
3) My absolute favorite clothing items include short summery dresses (of which I have nine–obsessed much? 😛 ), cute patterned skirts and girly, shimmery sandals. I could totally live in these three things (provided I lived in a different climate).
Three things I want to try within the next three months:
1) Driving on my own when I get back to school. I just found out that my campus is getting ZipCar this fall, which is basically like a car rental membership thing. I’ll be able to go wherever I want without relying on friends to drive me.
2) Make more “raw dessert” recipes. I’ve had a lot of luck with the recipes I’ve already tried and I can’t wait to make more!
3) Take fashion risks. I usually stick with the tried-and-true clothing combos, but I want to mix it up. Even if I don’t buy many new outfits, at least I can create new ones out of my existing wardrobe.
Three things I like about myself:
1) My independence. I don’t feel like I always have to be with other people; I can do things on my own just fine. Obviously, I do like to be with other people, but having my own space sometimes is really nice!
2) My inner strength. I have my days where I feel like I can’t get through my problems, but I always pull through. This is especially true in dealing with my eating disorder. I wouldn’t say I’m fully recovered at this point, but I’m proud of myself for how far I’ve come. And I don’t want to give up and go back.
3) My hair. Yeah, that sounds kinda superficial, but I really do. Especially now that I got a new style-slash-color. You can’t really tell from the pictures (except the first one of me, maybe), but I got it slightly shortened and my stylist added lots of bouncy layers and lightened up my highlights so I’m pretty blonde now. My sis says I look older now, which is a very good thing, considering I usually look a lot younger than my age.
Three of my everyday essentials:
1) Iced tea. I’ve been on an iced tea kick since I rediscovered our iced tea maker. I like mine with ice (duh!) and 1 packet of Truvia. Yum.
2) Yoga. I think I’ve done it almost every day since I first started doing it way back in February. I love how calm it makes me, not to mention way stronger and flexible.
3) Oats. Most mornings, I start out with a bowl of overnight oats. I love all the combos I’ve had so far and I’m always thinking up more!
Three things that scare me:
1) Fires. I live in a really dry state, so in the summer, there’s a lot of forest fires. [Knock on wood] there haven’t been any huge ones near me this summer. My mom is always worried, since we live in a treed area. Fire in general just kinda freaks me out.
2) Throwing up. I haven’t done it in several years, but it’s so traumatizing. Ick.
3) Hearing random noises in the middle of the night. It freaks me out so bad that I have a hard time getting back to sleep. Even though we hae an alarm system, I just can’t shake the feeling that someone broke in…
Pick one of the question categories and tell me your three answers! Oh, and what was the best thing you’ve eaten recently?
P.S. My last vacation recap is coming very soon!